Blood Tests - Understanding blood test results (check with your doctor, do not rely on this web page)
Telemere Length Testing - Repeat Diagnostics or Spectracell
- Kimball Genetics - http://www.kimballgenetics.com/ - has several tests available
- BioMarker - http://www.geneessence.com/ - Gene Essence $1000 - analyzes about 90 known SNP relations to health conditions. (there are about 10 million SNPs in a human) See SNPedia for examples of the information that can be obtained by genetic testing.
- Sciona - http://www.sciona.com/ - Mycellf Nutrition $299 - analyzes 19 genes; Mycellf Fitness $299 ( Power-Endurance Performance, Cardio Fitness, Body Composition, Exercise Recovery, Nutrition Conversion)
Saliva Tests - hormone level testing
- http://www.canaryclub.com/ - uses ZRT Labs and DiagnosTechs
- http://www.johnleemd.com/ - uses ZRT Labs
- Urinary Sulfates - an indication of liver detoxification capacity
- Urinary Lipid Peroxides - an indicator of cellular membrane damage (if elevated you should probably consume more antioxidants)
- Urinary Nitrates
- http://www.exatest.com/ - a non invasive (scraping some cells like a DNA test) test which measures magnesium, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, sodium and chloride in cells.
Ideal Health - http://www.idealhealth.com/ - offers urine and salivia tests (and a blood spot test for allergies) but is closely tied to selling you their vitamin supplements (automatic sales if your test indicates you "should" have them). The tests are generally $99 each but beware of extra costs from automatic shipment of supplements. The tests are actually done by MetaMetrix Clinical Laboratory.
Intelligent Wellness - http://www.intelligentwellness.com/ - tests also run by MetaMetrix and Douglas Labs
MetaMetrix - http://www.metametrix.com/ - only permits tests to be ordered by licensed healthcare providers. Their website provides good information about what tests are available, what is measured and what nutritional intervention can improve the condition.